*$200 Surcharge for NSW Accreditation
If you want to increase the GVM (Gross Vehicle Mass) for your Ram 3500, then come check us out at SCD - we manage the whole process for you.
Each vehicle has been assigned an allocated gross vehicle mass (GVM). This is the maximum a vehicle can weigh when it is fully loaded. You need to factor not only the weight of the vehicle, but everything that is added to it including; passengers, fuel, accessories, cargo, tools, tray body and also the tow ball load that is applied by a boat, caravan or camper trailer.
If you exceed the limits that is set by the Australian Design Rules (ADR) approval process, you could receive a costly fine and possibly void your insurance, plus it's also dangerous to be driving an overloaded vehicle.
To stay safe on the road, our engineers have a process to upgrade your GVM which will allow your vehicle to carry more weight.
We upgrade the suspension and run some thorough tests to meet the minimum ADR safety requirements. We then put on an upgraded Compliance Plate which then allows you to re-register your vehicle with the new, increased GVM.
The GVM upgrade will take the Ram 3500 from 5.3t to 5.8t giving you an extra 500kg of payload.
This GVM Upgrade includes:
- SCD 2" Lift or Stock Height Suspension Upgrade
- Double Bellow Rear Airbags
- Engineer's Report & all the necessary inspection certificates required for Transport & Main Roads
- Heavy Vehicle Road Worthy Certificate
- HVRAS Inspection
- Outback Kitters
Wheel & Tyre Fitment:
- Customer supplied wheels & tyres can be installed for an additional $170, which includes the recalibration of the speedometer to match the new wheels & tyres as well as the changing of the vehicles minimum PSI warning to 30psi to allow for the tyres to be run at a lower PSI than factory when required while keeping the warning system active for the case of a blown tyre should that occur.
- For larger wheels & tyres (e.g. 37's) trimming is required, even with a lift; this trimming can be done at an additional cost of $170.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.