RAM 2500 DJ Polyair Airbags
So you bought a RAM 2500 (2013-2018) and now you want to tow - that's the purpose of the vehicle right? When you put load on the back, your vehicle may sag a bit if you don't have the right suspension setup.
Airbags are a great way to help keep your vehicle level when putting on your caravan / trailer. By keeping your vehicle level, your vehicle will be safe on the road and provide optimal handling.
Here are our two options for airbags.
Airbag Man In Coil Airbags
- Firestone Airbags with Airbag Man Kevlar Sleeves that sit inside the coils.
- By inflating these airbags, it will stiffen the rear coils to minimise the suppression for the extra load.
- Must inflate the bags to ~55psi, then load up your vehicle and release air pressure until vehicle is level.
- If you put your load on first, the airbags will pinch between the coils.
- Must always keep at least ~5psi in the airbags or you run the risk of a deflated airbag being pinched by the coils.
- A great entry level option for those who tow only a few times a year.
- Different height bags for Stock Height or 2" Lift.
Polyair Double Bellow Airbags
- Polyair Double Bellow Ultimate Plus 2-Ply Fabric Reinforced Rubber Airbags that sit beside the coils.
- By inflating the airbags, it will physically lift the body from the diff, raising the rear height of your vehicle.
- Can be inflated before or after the load is put on.
- Handles sway & body roll really well. A must have if you have a canopy.
- Contains an internal bump stop, so there is no minimum psi requirement.
- Same size bag for 0-2" lift. If getting a 2" Lift, we include an Airbag Cradle Kit which disconnects the airbag at full flex and reconnects once it comes back in contact.
- This is the ultimate solution for those who are serious about touring and want the best in ride comfort and safety.
Both kits are supplied with manual inflation valves that get installed to the rear bumper.
To inflate your bags you can:
- Get the Polyair Wireless Remote Control System with auto-PSI adjustment.
- Get the TJM Compressor which is perfect for inflating your tyres as well.
*Only fits 2013+ models